Cancellation & Refund Policy
Fortune Bay Expedition Team (FBET) reserves the right to cancel classes, events, or expeditions due to minimal registrations, inclement weather, or scheduling conflicts.
A Full Refund will be issued if FBET cancels the class, event, or expedition
FBET assumes no responsibility for notifying participants of trip cancellations or postponements if either no phone number and/or email or if an incorrect email and/or phone number is provided by the participant.
All refund deadlines are seven days prior to any event or class start date unless otherwise noted. Please contact FBET regarding questions on participation PRIOR to registering.
- CLARIFY your ability to participate PRIOR to registration. Refunds are NOT given following registration in an activity if a participant discovers they cannot complete the class or expedition. Exceptions to this policy must be submitted in writing and approved by the Director of Expedition Resources and subject to a 15% processing fee.
- The refund deadlines are 14 days prior to any class unless otherwise noted.
- If you cancel prior to the stated refund deadline, you are entitled to a partial refund (minus a 15% processing fee) or credit toward . If you cancel following the refund deadline, NO REFUNDS ARE GIVEN. Exceptions to this policy must be submitted in writing and approved by the Director of Expedition Resources.
- No refund will be given if you leave a class, event, or expedition once it has begun due to a sickness, evacuation, or other reason.
- No refund will be given if you fail to show up on time and/or miss a class, event or expedition.
- Under special circumstances, the Director of Expedition Resources may approve full credit toward a future class in lieu of a partial refund (minus a 15% restocking fee).
- Cost share arrangements and prepayments for expedition expenses are non-refundable. However, spots on expeditions, excursions and travel may be transferred to another member.
Inclement Weather Rescheduling Procedure
In most cases, FBET will conduct classes or expeditions regardless of the weather. In the rare event a class or expedition is cancelled due to inclement weather, full refund will be issued to all registered participants.
School of Expeditionary Sciences / Guild Membership dues
Cancelation of membership within the first 30 days will entitle a partial refund (minus a 15% processing fee). NO REFUNDS ARE GIVEN after 30 days.
While “invisible” to the participant, much time and money is spent preparing for you to attend a class, event, or expedition. Our cancellation and refund policy reflects the fact that it is impossible to recover these upfront fees.