June 19, 2017 1800-2100
Location: Kent District Library – Service Center
814 W. River Center Dr. NE, Comstock Park, MI, 49321
BikePacking combines several outdoor disciplines into a useful and fun overland method. This course is designed for the beginner to the most experienced outdoor enthusiast who wants to add biking to their adventures.
Intro to Expedition Bike Packing explores the methods and equipment needed for pedal powered overlanding. Expanding on backpacking and basic bicycle knowledge, this course will teach skills needed for safe passage over great distances for extended periods of time. Bike’s can travel past where the road ends and take one farther than is possible on foot.
There is no need to currently own a bike. In fact, many items covered in the course will help clarify what to look for in an adventuring machine.
Topics covered include:
- Overall knowledge of design elements that greatly affect a bike’s characteristics
- Methods for creating a pack horse from a slim bike frame
- Tools and how they are used to keep a bike rolling, even in the wilderness
- Considerations for loading gear to aid rider efficiency
- Trip planning and possibilities
Take the next step in your adventuring and join us for Intro to Expedition Bike Packing (BP1)
Sign up today!!
Course Fee $35
Questions? Email the Instructor